This solution is pre-architected, which means it’s a click and deploy solution (on Azure or AWS) that’s automatically provisioned after being purchased on the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace.
- Reduce complexity
- Consolidate products and services to reduce complexity. With industry-leading threat protection and FortiGuard Labs services, you can reduce costs and maximize your return on investment (ROI).
- Encrypted cloud access
- Achieve comprehensive visibility and policy controls by inspecting all types of traffic, from clear-text to encrypted, and implement intrusion prevention system (IPS) protection.
- Visibility and automation
- Gain access to network and security events for contextual visibility, and simplify operations with automated processes.
- Reduce attack surface
- Effectively manage attack vectors with microsegments, industry-leading threat protection, and FortiGuard Labs services.
- Regulatory compliance
- Meet compliance and regulatory requirements, such as PCI DSS, PII, HIPPA, and GDPR.
- Trusted application access
- Improve your security posture by securing business applications and implementing adaptive access control.
- Increase IaaS revenue
- This prebuilt can be deployed on your preferred public cloud platform, giving you the opportunity to increase your IaaS revenue.
- Become cloud-ready
- With Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services native features, your environments will remain secure if you ever decide to expand into cloud.
- Accelerate compliance
- Supports multiple regulatory requirements including GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA so that you can always demonstrate compliance in an efficient manner on cloud.
- Simplify deployment
- This solution comes prebuilt. You do not have to worry about purchasing servers to install it either. It has been predesigned to work once purchased so you can avoid the work associated with installation and server maintenance.
The deployment of this solution includes the following:
- Download license key for FortiGate
- Create a Virtual Network / VPC
- Create 3 sub-networks (2 in case of the VPN Concentrator plans)
- Deploy a FortiGate Next Generation Firewall with 3 NICs (2 in case of the VPN Concentrator plans)
- Activate the FortiGate license
- Configure a VPN tunnel to the on-premise sites using a pre-shared key (needs to be complemented by the corresponding configuration on premise)
Ingram Micro Cloud prebuilt the architecture to match the system requirements to run FortiGate on cloud.
Installation and Provisioning
The defined reference architecture will be automatically provisioned on your cloud platform of choice after purchasing. Please refer to your cloud sales representative to get the Technical Blueprint.